Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Because I know the way you did your hair
In the summer light on those old nights
There's something lingering there
And you know that it's just not fair
The way that you kissed me when you'd never miss me. 

And so
Because the way we fell all apart
The words you'll never take back
And the ones that I'd never say
Doesn't erase from my memory 
The way that it tasted when you barely breathed
Quiet in the night holding in nightmares
As you slept as you slept there

"
"

And so
Summers turned round to fall
Apples and promises had
The warmth of you has left my air
Flowers wilted from my hair
The things we left behind when the sun angled wise
We've left ourselves for too many tall tales
And memories in the golden fields 

Because I knew the way you did your hair
In the summer light on those cold nights
Where something lingered there
And you knew that it's just not fair
The way that you kissed me when you'll never miss me. 

No comments: